We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Introduce me to Brunswick Head

Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
10 helpful votes
Introduce me to Brunswick Head

I'm looking for a quiet beach for a 30 day vacation on the Australian coast, anytime in January or February 2010. Brunswick Head came up as a possibility. What is the place like? George

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
33 reviews
175 helpful votes
1. Re: Introduce me to Brunswick Head

not many beaches are quiet on the aus coast during january into february. it's our main summer holiday season. brunswick heads is a family holiday place that hasn't yet succombed too badly to tourism. miles of beaches both sides and within a short drive of the main tourist centre of byron bay. there is a great hinterland area as well. now whether i would like to spend 30 days there is another matter. maybe consider travelling a little futher south in dribs and drabs eg. to coffs harbour over that time and see a few more coastal towns and places of interest.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
95 reviews
333 helpful votes
2. Re: Introduce me to Brunswick Head

do we have too ?

Brunswick is one of Australia's best kept secrets that is still largely under the everyday tourist radar. Its a great little beachfront village that has a beautiful beach AND a river setting - a fanastic pub, and a few very good cafes and boutiques.

It is a short drive to Byron or some of the other gorgeous local villages such as Bangalow or Pottsville or Cabarita etc....

As lien said 30 days may be a bit long but if you really want a quite break you come away well and truly rested, especially in February.

If you were looking for other suggestions of a similar ilk I would suggest Yamba, North Stradbroke Island or Agnes Waters. For a slightly faster pace - Noosa, Caloundra, Kingscliff or Coolangatta.

australia
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Introduce me to Brunswick Head

Bruns is a top location...wont be wquiet through January - Feb when school is back would be better. Nearby inland Mullumbimby is well worth visiting.

The Bruns beach beats most others mentioned here in that you could (if so desired) walk all the way to Byron Bay, and bus back. Its a long straight beach - half way at Tyagarah you have to make your way through a clothing optional section of beach-goers but otherwise the (long, yes long) walk would be pretty much beach to yourself.

Based in Bruns there are a month or more of daytrip possibilities, Border Ranges rainforest, Uki, Nimbin (original 70's hippy town), GoldCoast, Mt Warning, (previouisly mentioned) Tweed coast beaches, and south to Lennox and Evans Head. Every Sunday there is an excellent market (different town each week.

4. Re: Introduce me to Brunswick Head

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Brunswick Heads
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.