We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in St Austell

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in St Austell

We have booked a 2 week holiday in July on Dennison Avenue St Austell if any locals can offer any advise about the area this is in we would be most grateful, looked on google and it seems to be very built up many thanks

Mentioned in this post
St Austell
St Austell
Cornwall, UK
6 replies to this topic
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in St Austell

Hi there

It's in the Bethel-Boscoppa area of St Austell, a residential area, about a mile or so east of the town centre, off the main A390 route. Closest beach, if that's what you are after, would be at Par to the east of your location, Charlestown isn't far away, 5 mins drive, a pretty harbour with square rigged sailing ships usually being repaired. Fowey is within a few miles as is Mevagissey. For shopping ,there's a large Tesco within a couple of mins drive.

Mentioned in this post
St Austell
St Austell
Cornwall, UK
Par
Par
St Austell, UK
Fowey
Fowey
Cornwall, UK
Mevagissey
Mevagissey
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in St Austell

As GB says it is in residential St Austell but only just over a mile from the bus and railway stations. The town itself isn't that great for tourism but from there it is possible to visit some of the best places in Cornwall fairly easily. Post back with information on what interests you and I am sure we will be able to suggest where to go. Please let us know if you will have use of a car as this will make a difference to the advice given.

Mentioned in this post
St Austell
St Austell
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,613 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in St Austell

It's just an ordinary residential area. You're probably not going to feel much like staying around the property during the day, to me it would be a bit like staying in my own back garden!

But if you have a car you are within reach of some interesting spots.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
962 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in St Austell

Even if you are limited to public transport, there are reasonable bus connections to Fowey, Mevagissey, Par and the Eden project, and the train will get you to Truro and beyond. So it's a very central base.

Within St Austell itself there aren't many charms, sadly, although the brewery tour is fun.

The coastline between Mevagissey and Fowey is lovely, so plenty of walking options. There are also a series of off road biking trails round St Austell, if this is your thing.

Mentioned in this post
Fowey
Fowey
Cornwall, UK
Mevagissey
Mevagissey
Cornwall, UK
Par
Par
St Austell, UK
Eden Project
Eden Project
10,157 Reviews
Bodelva, UK
Truro
Truro
Truro District, UK
St Austell
St Austell
Cornwall, UK
UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in St Austell

Thank you so much for your reply's it as helped an awful lot we are only using it for a base, would have liked to stay in Fowey or somewhere on coast but my husband is diabled so needed to be near a Town but we will get

about fine we stayed in Tintagel last year so we toured most of the North and enjoyed the rugged coastlines.

Mentioned in this post
Fowey
Fowey
Cornwall, UK
Tintagel
Tintagel
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday in St Austell

Its a strange place for a holiday let. Just a modern housing estate in a built up area. ok as a base i guess, but i wouldn't want to spend much time there.

Reply to: Holiday in St Austell
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Austell
More St Austell Topics