We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

I am spending a few days with my family and italian in laws over New year. Where is the fun place to go for New year s eve family celebrations? St ives looks fun, but maybe a bit far? What do you suggest? Thanks

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

Where are you staying and will you have a car?

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

Staying in Carlyon Bay and yes, with car. Thanks

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

Staying in Carlyon Bay I would recommend Austells for dinner. There is also an Indian restaurant nearby which is good. For fun evening with the family you could go to Padstow. Truro will be quite lively and there will be fireworks at midnight. Wherever you decide to go make sure you book a table for dinner. You shouldn't need to pre book to get into a pub for a drink but if you want to eat then definately reserve a table.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

Thanks. This is really helpful. In Padstow, Rick Stein looks expensive and full on new year s eve. Is there anywgere else you woild recommend there for dinner?

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

Dear Bigcactus,

Try Margot's or The Basement and Rojano's (where you could sit outside-heaters) instead. I could recommend them all.

Elfin

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

Thanks for all your help. I didnt realize that Cornwall was so busy in Winter. I have tried everything and all booked up for New Years eve. Someone told me about the Pier House Restuaruant in Charleston and I have booked there. It looks good. Does anyone know anything about it?

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

I'be not been to the Pier House for some while but it used to be very good.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,596 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

I've always had good meals at the Pier House, but like Kernewes, I haven't been for a couple of years now.

Bigcactus, those of us who live in Cornwall like to go out on New Years Eve too, that's one of the reasons it's busy!

9. Re: New year s eve 2012/13 near St Austell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St Austell
More St Austell Topics