We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging near Mt. St. Helens

Tennessee
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging near Mt. St. Helens

Our flight leaves at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 11 for home. We're flying out of Portland, OR and want to spend all day on Friday, June 10 at Mt. St. Helens. Would you recommend that we stay in Troutdale, OR or closer to Mt. St. Helens that Friday night?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging near Mt. St. Helens

Personally, I'd stay in one of the airport hotels (make sure it has 24 hour shuttle service to the terminal). Make your reservation and, on your way back from Mt. St. Helens, turn your car in, call the hotel and get its shuttle to the hotel. A 5:30 a.m. flight means getting to the terminal around 3:30 a.m. That sounds absolutely awful, I know, but the security lines can jam up with people getting their early flights to the east coast. Not having to turn your car in then will be one less thing to do...and at that time of the morning anything that delays getting through security and getting a mug of strong coffee should be avoided.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging near Mt. St. Helens

I agree with oregonpoppa 100%.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging near Mt. St. Helens

That sounds like perfect advice. Thanks!

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
929 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging near Mt. St. Helens

Agree with this advice of staying near the airport.

Not sure on pricing for your stay. We stayed at the Residence Inn at Cascade Station. We used both the hotel shuttle and the light rail. The light rail station is across the parking lot for the hotel and is the last stop before the airport.

Enjoy Mt. St. Helens. Visiting there shows both the devastating power and amazing rejuvenation powers of nature.

Reply to: Lodging near Mt. St. Helens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Troutdale