We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbia River Gorge Drive

Florida
14 posts
Columbia River Gorge Drive

I am not sure which forum this topic belongs to, but here goes.

From reading the forum, it seems that a fun idea would be to take a picnic lunch to one of the beautiful waterfalls.

Driving from PDX, where would be the logical place to obtain great sandwiches? I have looked on the Restaurant Reviews (along the way), and it seems that none have been rated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
21 reviews
11. Re: Columbia River Gorge Drive

<<Is this area just kinda "no mans land"?>>

LOL!!! 122nd north of Sandy Blvd....no mans land! LOL!!!!

Honestly, the suggestions of Safeway Cherry Park are probably right, for a picnic. Although I do not like Safeway food, it may be the best bet when heading to the gorge for a picnic.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
21 reviews
12. Re: Columbia River Gorge Drive

PS, Cherry Park is on the way to the gorge.

On another front, if you are going on a weekday, stop at Capers Cafe, just off Airport Way. Fabulous sandwiches, salads and sides for a picnic.

Florida
14 posts
13. Re: Columbia River Gorge Drive

Thanks for your replies.

PDXWineauxs,

I was not referring to population.

I suppose I should have rephrased. I might have said "no eating man's land", if the best bet is the Safeway, where you do not like the food. lol

Seriously though, I will look into Capers.

14. Re: Columbia River Gorge Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 16:17