We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Has anyone stayed at the BW Inn & suite, and if so, do the suites have balconys? I've checked out their site, but it doesn't give a lot of details.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Cool, thanks. Has anyone eaten at the restaurant at McMenamins? The Rabbit, I think is the name.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,627 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

We ate at the Black Rabbit a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure my opinion would be up to date. Here's the website for the restaurant (you can check out the menu)

http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=114

We were there on a summer weekend and definitely needed reservations (which we had made weeks before). The booths were a bit tight and the place was very crowded. Food was very good, but I didn't think outstanding. If and when I find myself at Edgefield again, I think I'd rather roam the expansive grounds and pub hop (they have at least a half dozen places that look like they were worth checking out).

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Thanks Oregonpapa, "pub hopping" sounds like fun. I didn't realize that the pubs were open for dinner. I'm checked out their website and was delighted to find that the public can visit this property. It looks like a lot of fun :o)

On another note, are there any golf courses or winerys nearby?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

Same experience as Oregonpoppa at Black Rabbit. We have been a few times for things like Mother's Day.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

When I visit Edgefield I always eat at the Power Station pub. Eating at a McMennamins property is all about the atmosphere and not so much the food, IMHO. That being said, I still enjoy visiting there, having a burger, and walking the grounds. They usually have a glass blower on the weekends in the summer. The wine tasting room is also a good stop on the grounds. But, on the weekends there will always be crowds. They also have concerts out here, not necessarily on the weekends, (last year they had Sheryl Crow among others), which makes the normal business look tame. If there is a big concert going on, parking will be even more nonexistent than usual. The spa there is also relatively new, and may be worth checking out as well.

16. Re: BW Cascade Inn & Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 19:24
Get answers to your questions about Troutdale