We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
798 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Judging from their website, it's appears that there are many different restaurants/pubs, a winery, a distillery, poolroom, soaking pool and spa on this property. Is this true? Also a movie theatre. Hard to believe...

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Edgefield is about disconnecting - getting away from the TV and phones and other distractions. It is a great place for a 1-2 night "getaway". Perfect for a girls' weekend or couples' retreat.

If you are close by then wander through the property. It's gorgeous, and open for visitors. :-)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
38 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

This one of my favorite places to take visiting friends after picking them up at the airport. The "pub" food is excellent and if they are looking for something more formal (by McMenamins standards) we'll have a meal at the Black Rabbit. It's a place best enjoyed when the weather is nice and you can walk the grounds.

John

Chehalis
Level Contributor
137 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

I spent last weekend at the Edgefield and made reservations for my next stay before I left! It has everything taht appears on their website, plus many gardens to wander through and so many things to see. There is artwork scattered everywhere on the property. The rooms are also decorated with paintings. Everything but the soaking pool is available for anyone visiting the property. In other words, you can just drive up, park, and wander the grounds, restuarants, bars, and play golf. The soaking pool is available to spa clients and overnite guests. Most of the room have the bathroom down the hall. I know this is disconcerting to many people, however, I've always found the bathrooms to be very clean and there are private bathrooms available, some with deep claw foot tubs. You can also get a room with bath if you book early. I'm not sure how many of these they have. Also, no TV's or phones in the rooms but there is internet access.

Anyhow, the Edgefield is the perfect place to get away and relax. You could spend the entire weekend here and never leave the property.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,727 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

I would suggest that Pilot do a formal review of Edgefield instead of tacking comments onto a year-old thread.

15. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 17:18