We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
798 posts
21 reviews
Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Judging from their website, it's appears that there are many different restaurants/pubs, a winery, a distillery, poolroom, soaking pool and spa on this property. Is this true? Also a movie theatre. Hard to believe...

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

I live not more than a 5 minute drive from Edgefield. Everything they say the have on the website is true. While the movie theater is not a cineplex, and they are second run movies, you can enjoy a beer and burger, while sitting in a comfortable chair.

The property is pretty big. They also have a vineyard and a small golf course.

Edgefield is definitely worth checking out, though I would only rate the food so-so. But I don't think anyone goes to a McMenamins property for the food....

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

My favorite bar there is the little red shed. I think there are about 2 tables in the entire place. Of course, there are 2 dozen picnic tables right outside. I also enjoy stealing towels, but I cannot recommend that.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
798 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Excellent!!! Thank you, it was just so hard to believe that all that stuff was "under one roof" so to speak.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,933 posts
200 reviews
4. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

We've dined in the Black Rabbit, their "upscale" restaurant. Food was quite good, but we found the wooden booths with their bench seats a bit cramped and uncomfortable. I'd sit at a table next time.

As I remember, it was also quite warm in the restaurant. Having done that, I am looking forward to another visit sometime in the future when I can just roam the grounds and sample a few of the pubs and their pub grub.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Yes, as the others have said, 'tis true! There is also a little pitching golf set up so you can order a drink and head out to hit some balls with your clubs.

I really like the outdoor eating area in the summer, although you wouldn't catch me out there in the heat we are having today!

This is my favorite McMenamin's but the service can still be atrocious in the pub area unless you sit right at the bar. Service in the Black Rabbit is usually pretty decent.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
798 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Will I need to bring my own golf clubs?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

LOL, I don't think you need to take your own clubs. I think they hand you a putter, wedge and maybe an iron. It's very much a "pub course" and most people play with a beer in one hand.

Edgefield is wonderful. It's like Disneyland for grownups, except with booze and no lines. The pear brandy distilled there is outstanding.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
798 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Disneyland for Adults is exactly how I would describe this property. Does anyone know if I were to stay at a different property, can I make use of the amenities on this one, such as golf,pool hall, pubs, and soaking pool.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
56 reviews
9. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Yes, you can go play over there, even if you don't stay there. It is a very casual place. Don't expect a luxury "spa" experience.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
798 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: Who's been to Mcmenamins Edgefield?

Good to know, thanks. We were going to stay there but they don't have tv's in the room :-(