We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorge Games

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
159 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Gorge Games

We are going to be touring around Washington and Oregon in mid-July. We are currently planning to spend Saturday, July 19th hiking around Multnomah Falls and Oneonta Falls. I just saw that this is the weekend of the Gorge Games. Is this not a good time to visit that area? Will everyone be at the games and the hiking trails will be less crowded? Will it be impossible to park? Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorge Games

I believe the Gorge Games are more in the Hood River area. This area is always busy in the summer. If you want a place to park, and to beat the crowds, arrive early. There have been times in the summer I have driven the old highway early in the morning, and been almost alone, and even seen a few deer.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gorge Games

We will be in Troutdale July 28 to August 2 and this caught my eye. What are the Gorge Games? Sounds interesting...

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gorge Games

Click on the link for more information.

http://www.gorgegames.net/

When doing my internet search on this, it appears that there will be no games in 2009. Since there is no information on the website regarding 2009, that would appear to be accurate information.

oregon
Level Contributor
881 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorge Games

The Gorge Games was a great idea that brought the best competitors in the "extreme sports" arena together- kayakers, climbers, windboarders, et al....all competed in an olympic-like event. About 5 years or so ago funding washed out and they were having trouble getting sponsors...it disappeared for a while and then I think they tried again last year. I guess that they lost funding again.

We had a good friend who competed in the rock climbing events, so that is how we know about it.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gorge Games

What a shame; it sounds as though it would have been a really cool thing to see... =(

6. Re: Gorge Games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:40
Get answers to your questions about Troutdale