We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mcmenamins Edgefield

Level Contributor
36,700 posts
907 reviews
Save Topic
Mcmenamins Edgefield

Would love opinions on this place. How far from Tigard, OR is it? I'm looking for somewhere to stay about 20-30 min. from Portland.

Would even consider somewhere in the wine country, around Dundee. Any suggestions appreciated! :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,246 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mcmenamins Edgefield

The Edgefield is on the opposite end of the metro area and so would be much further than 20-30 minutes away. Look into the Hotel Oregon in McMinnville or the Grand Lodge in Forest Grove. Both are McMenamin properties. Forest Grove would be the closest for Tigard.

Level Contributor
36,700 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mcmenamins Edgefield

Thanks! I enjoyed the website of Forest Grove. How far from Tigard would it be? The property looks nice with a spa, soaking pool, movie theater on site. Do the rooms at these properties have shared baths or do you have your own private bath? Kind of unusual, these Mcmenamins places but I would love to visit one. :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,246 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mcmenamins Edgefield

Time depends on where in Tigard you are headed. A very rough estimate is 20 minutes though. The Grand Lodge has mostly European style bathrooms (shared), but there are a few rooms that have private facilities. Each property is different. The one in Bend has all private baths for instance. The McMenamin brothers have done a fantastic job of keeping each property unique.

Level Contributor
36,700 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mcmenamins Edgefield

Have you tried the restaurants there? Even if we don't get to stay in one of these properties, I still would love to have a meal there and look around.

Have you ever heard of the Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard? A bed and breakfast in the area. Website looks very nice, a Tuscan feel to it. :)

Level Contributor
36,700 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mcmenamins Edgefield

Have you tried the restaurants there? Even if we don't get to stay in one of these properties, I still would love to have a meal there and look around.

Have you ever heard of the Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard? A bed and breakfast in the area. Website looks very nice, a Tuscan feel to it. :)

Get answers to your questions about Troutdale