We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel question

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
37 reviews
Hotel question

Just wondering if the Hotel Springfield (formerly a Clarion, Doubletree, and Red Lion Inn) at 3280 Gateway in Springfield, OR is still open. I can't seem to find any recent information about the hotel and it is no longer listed in the Hotel and Travel Index, leading me to believe that the hotel has closed. If someone could let me know what is going on, that would be great. Thanks!

Albany, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,371 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Hotel question

I am responding because no one else has. I think the building is actually gone at that site. I haven't been to Eugene/Springfield in a while but stayed at the Red Lion about 17 years ago so I know where it is supposed to be if my memory serves me correctly. I looked on google maps to check a hybrid map of the area and there are other motels all around but the old Red Lion site looks bare. It was a little dated when I stayed there many years ago but I'm guessing another motel will be built in that site as it is too valuable to stay bare.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
669 reviews
2. Re: Hotel question

The Clarion was torn down in 2004.

Check these out for an explanation:

innsighthmg.com/news/031006_clarion_property…

registerguard.com/news/…

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Hotel question

Thanks for the information. I had a feeling that the hotel was closed but just wanted to make sure.

4. Re: Hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Springfield