We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center

Help! a new special guest for the Comic Con just announced and all but one hotel listed is filled up.

I can drive down from Seattle and looking for just for a basic and clean place to stay that has Good public transportation to the Convention Center. Free or low cost parking a Plus!

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center

try the motel 6 in tigard, across the freeway is bus terminal, could be a park and ride. we use that bus system all the time when visiting, bus route is straight forward and very easy. You don' want to go east, pas the lloyd center, though the airport may have some good options for lodging. I have no idea about beaveron and easy transsit access.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center

There are several hotels around the convention center, most of which charge for parking ($15-25). However, you can walk to the CC from many of the hotels. The "Inn at the Convention Center" is literally across the street and parking is only $10 and the hotel cost is usually pretty reasonable. It would also save you the $5 daily transportation pass. Hence, I would very much recommend that. I've stayed in 3-4 dozen hotels in Portland and the surrounding metro but I've not stayed there. It looks dumpy from the outside but the reviews seem pretty good so who am I to judge.

If that doesn't work for you, there are various options for you. The west side or Tigard or LO or Beaverton or whatever may be too inconvenient though the previous suggestion may work for you. Take a bus into downtown and ride the light rail to the CC. Probably about an hour each way.

You could stay at one of the dozen or so airport hotels. The ones in Cascade Station would charge for parking and be somewhat expensive but you may have direct access to the light rail station. Otherwise if you stayed further out just east of 205, you could hotel shuttle to the airport and take the MAX from there. That may not be very convenient.

There's also a small area (not too far from the airport that has a cluster of motels (Quality Inn, Econolodge, etc.) within easy walking distance of the Parkrose station serving the red line from the airport. If you don't mind those hotels (which have decent reviews for those locations), I'd highly recommend them since the cost is usually under $100 and parking is free. I've never stayed there so I can't speak first hand.

Lastly, there is even a smaller cluster of hotels around Stark and Hwy 205 (Motel 6, Ramada). You could walk to the Southeast Main Street MAX Station and take the green line in to the CC.

To summarize:

1) Inn at the Convention Center would be my first option.

2) Parkrose station motels due to cost and direct walking access to Parkrose station.

3) Other airport hotels (probably east of 205). Free parking, wifi, breakfast and a decent spattering of restaurants (nothing too special). This once again could be a bit inconvenient due to the hotel shuttle situation.

4) Stay in the Stark / 205 area.

5) Outlying areas and due some research on how to get there.

Finally, there is another strategy you could employee. You could stay just about anywhere, and drive your car to a park and ride lot and MAX in from there. That would open up almost the entire metro, especially Beaverton that has some decent clean hotels (Holiday Inn, Couryard by Marriott, etc.) for usually a pretty price (low $100).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center

Thanks- but the Inn at the Convention Center is sold out as is both Marriott's and the Crowne Plaza.

So staying further outside with public transport is our best bet.

We are all looking for options but again thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center

I just got word that someone in our party booked a hotel for us. thanks for your replies

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
11,620 posts
3,057 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center

You were lucky.

Our experience with National and International Conferences is that the Local Arrangement Committee will provide a special bus for Conference Visitors.

You Cdonference website may provide this data.

Reply to: Hotel/Motel with Public Transportation to Convention Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted