We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MT hood fruit loop, silver falls state park, and hot springs

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
MT hood fruit loop, silver falls state park, and hot springs

Hi,

coming from Portland, we will be staying at hot springs for 2 nights, so we plan to leave portland AM, have breakfast, do the loop, spend a few hours at the state park waterfalls, then head to the hot springs before dark , ideally by 7pm (as we may need to account for time in case we get lost since there will be no signal).

1-can someone let me know how much of the fruit loop we should do. i read it' snot necess to do the entire loop as it's too time consuming and seeing a couple you see all. plan to see a lavender field, pick berries, see some llamas and snap pics and we're good to go.

2- if we have 3-4 hours in the Park, can someone give me a MUST SEE/HIKES. I see there are 10 WATERFALLS. are they plenty plentiful in mid-late july).

3-we overnite at hot springs, so by the time we check in D1 it may be dinner time, which is why we need to arrive by dinner time, (so due to time we might have to cut the fruit loop short or perhaps do it after we check out?) So, during our stay, are there nearby walks? i dont wnat to drive 1 hour to do some hikes. The hotsprings told me there's tons of hiking; however, when i looked at the map, it appears there is a state park and a forest, and both require 1-1.5 to GET TO. Had i known earlier, i might not have opt'ed to stay. But they had a 2 n min.

thanks in advance for any tips

4 replies to this topic
Aurora, Illinois
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Santa Fe, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
159 reviews
1. Re: MT hood fruit loop, silver falls state park, and hot springs

You've posted this very much in the wrong forum...this Silver City is in New Mexico, not Oregon.

Keith

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: MT hood fruit loop, silver falls state park, and hot springs

...though we *do* have our share of hot springs. ;)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: MT hood fruit loop, silver falls state park, and hot springs

OOPS ok....was at the library when i did this. :)

Level Contributor
595 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
4. Re: MT hood fruit loop, silver falls state park, and hot springs

Hi Sandy,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the Silver City, Mexico Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Hood River Forum.

Happy Travels!

Isabela

TripAdvisor Community Moderator

Reply to: MT hood fruit loop, silver falls state park, and hot springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted