We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn or Best Western Plus?

Oakland, California
2 posts
Hampton Inn or Best Western Plus?

Hi -- I'm trying to decide between the Hampton Inn or Best Western Plus while staying in Hood River. I have reservations at both, but my rate for the Hampton Inn is much more reasonable. Ive heard great things about the Best Western in HR - but is it worth a splurge? Would love your thoughts and opinions!

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
475 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Hampton Inn or Best Western Plus?

Best western hands down if you have a river view assuming the rate wont bankrupt you

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Hampton Inn or Best Western Plus?

If it makes a difference, we've stayed at the Hampton and it was very nice. Would definitely stay there again, in part because it's walkable to downtown Hood River for restaurants. An easy stroll on a defined path that's very safe right into downtown....maybe 10 minutes walk. It's also easily walkable to the riverfront where you can watch kite surfers and stop in at restaurants and breweries along there.

Level Contributor
39,513 posts
1,021 reviews
3. Re: Hampton Inn or Best Western Plus?

We were very impressed with BW Hood River, beautiful location, spacious rooms, great restaurants and pretty pool and hot tub with river views. 😎

Reply to: Hampton Inn or Best Western Plus?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted