We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 141

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
36 reviews
Route 141

Hi, trying to go to mount rainier after visiting columbia gorge on late may, have anyone traveled route 141 to randle? is it dangerous? Is it senic? I noticed it is less miles but take same amount of time as the longer parallel road through northwood.and is it better to travel same day after the gorge or spend the night and go to rainier in the morning? Im planning to spend at least one night at rainier.thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,305 posts
1 review
1. Re: Route 141

Well...it’s more scenic than the other route. Because the other route is through Yakima. I don’t remember it being either jaw dropping gorgeous or terrifying. But I’m used to country roads, ymmv. Any road can be dangerous. I’d rather drive that one than my daily commute, which includes a road with a very high accident rate.

Keep in mind that the other route includes some interstate, which probably accounts for the time decrease. Interstate is 70mph, State highways more like 50mph.

Yes, Stay night at gorge. The gorge is a lot of fun.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Route 141

Thank you for your input.

Reply to: Route 141
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted