We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a long weekend..

Which Tulsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DFW, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a long weekend..

We are planning a long weekend in Tulsa because of a concert at Cain Ballroom on Sunday night. I have perused the existing forum posts and come up with this so far:

We've already secured lodging at the Hyatt Regency because of a great deal on Priceline. Where is the nearest movie theater?

When we arrive Friday I was hoping to take advantage of the Daily Grill happy hour meals and then walk to the movies.

Saturday : Eat breakfast at Tally's. Where could I pick up a box lunch? I have planned to go to the Phil Art Museum. Will that take all day? That night we plan to head out of town for a bday dinner at Freddies Steak house (nother good deal through Groupon)

Sunday: Nothing planned until the concert at 7 p.m.

Maybe you can help fill in the gaps by some suggestions of other things to do/see while we are there.

Jenks, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a long weekend..

There is no movie theater within walking distance of the Hyatt that I am aware of. I think the closest would be 41st and Yale. Riverwalk (just across the river at about 96th) has a theater and you can also grab a post movie drink at one of the restaurants there.

Daily Grill's happy hour meals are a great deal...and food is great...but...the happy hour meals are in the bar only......and the service in the bar area, for lack of a better word, sucks.

Tally's might do a boxed lunch, but you might also check out Dilly Deli (back downtown - southeast corner of 2nd and Elgin). Great unusual sandwiches. Philbrook could take an hour....or 8 hours, so yes, you could be there all day. Freddies is great and you will enjoy.

Obviously you like museums. There is another great museum in Tulsa ...Gilcrease Museum...you might enjoy. Or go down to the riverpark area and take in the beautiful new jogging/bike path. Stop at Blue Rose for a beer and burger (near 21st and Riverside).

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
176 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a long weekend..

There is the Circle Cinema at 12 S Lewis. http://www.circlecinema.com/

Great for art films and documentary's. Not walkable, but a change from the chain movie theaters. Some years ago there was a small theater that showed foreign films, but they are long gone.

Maybe try Lumbrusco'z for a box lunch on 41's just east of Peoria, across the street from Whole Foods. http://www.lambruscoz.com/index.html

The Cain's is a fun venue, hope you enjoy it.

3. Re: Planning a long weekend..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 08:17