We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a couple of more questions

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
307 reviews
a couple of more questions

See, I knew I need to ask something else. Does anyone know if Breakers provides towels for the pool and beach or do we need to bring our own? I see from the Cedar Point website photos that there are chairs on the beach? Are these rentals or first come/first serve basis?

Also, does anyone have any opinions on Marconi's Restaurant in Huron? Can't seem to find much on TA about it. One person mentioned it in a hotel review and said it was good.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
1. Re: a couple of more questions

I can't help with the first question, but I have been to Marconi's a few times. My mother is from southern Italy, and she just thought Marconi's was the greatest restaurant on earth. So I became sick of the place at an early age. Once I got old enough to leave the house, I was able to avoid the place for about 20 years or so. But once she got into her 80's and couldn't drive anymore, we took her there about every couple months.

My wife just hates the place with a passion. In fact it is almost a running joke with us, when we talk about going out to dinner and a few places get mentioned, I will invariably say, "How about Marconi's?" and she gives me the meanest look you can imagine, and then we both break out laughing. She says she hates their sauce, the bread is rock hard, the Diet Coke tastes funny, the water tastes funny, etc., etc., etc.

I am not quite as down on the place as my wife. I really do like their pizzas, and I usually order a pepperoni one when I go. As far as their pasta dishes go, I could take them or leave them. Not bad, but nothing special either.

They have a website if you want to check out their menus:

www.marconisitalian.com

Hope you don't cross the place off your list just based on my review. You might love it there. We usually go on Sunday evenings and it is usually packed, so somebody must think it's pretty good. I just think it is an OK place, not worth a special drive out from a Cedar Point hotel, but fine if you happen to be in Huron.

Enjoy your trip!

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
2. Re: a couple of more questions

I am not sure I can answer correctly about the towel situation, but what I have seen in pictures everyone seems to have the same color towels around the pool area. My suggestion to you would be to call the Hotel and see what they do,if you do not have to carry and worry about your own towels in tow, the better!!! While on the phone ask about the beach chairs, I wouldn't think you would have to rent them....But who knows with today's economy.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
307 reviews
3. Re: a couple of more questions

Thanks for the info. The reason I asked about Marconi's is that they often run a good discount certificate on restaurant.com and I thought we might purchase one before we leave.

As far as the beach chairs go, whenever we rent a condo on the ocean, you do have to rent the chairs. I don't know if hotels do this or not since we always rent condos on the ocean.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
110 reviews
4. Re: a couple of more questions

chairs are first come first serve. i'm 95% sure the hotel provides towels. (but i would bring my own anyway).

marconi's is ok. if you have the coupon, it's worth a shot.

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
5. Re: a couple of more questions

yeah, if you can get a $25 coupon for $2, absolutely go for it.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
307 reviews
6. Re: a couple of more questions

Thanks for the info!

7. Re: a couple of more questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 16:18