We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second thoughts about Sandcastle suites

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Second thoughts about Sandcastle suites

We had been thinking of staying at the Sandcastle suites ,but we are starting to think that it may be a waste of money for a 2 night stay,after all last year we stayed in a Delux hotel in Disney and ended up feeling guilty about the expense, as we spent all day at the parks and didnt really make use of the very expensive facilities,this year I would rather enjoy the parks without the guilt.

So I would love to hear your suggestions of where to stay thats convenient to Cedar Point,nice and clean with big comfy beds,a swimming pool is really not that important because we plan to go to Soak city anyway.

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Second thoughts about Sandcastle suites

I don't know how much cheaper it would be to stay off site, but we've always felt it was worth the $$ for the convenience, in case of bad weather, kids got tired, or whatever other reason (bathroom?) to be able to go back to our room without leaving the park. Did you check out the Lighthouse Cottages (not sure of the exact name)?I hope you enjoy your trip and will write a trip report.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Second thoughts about Sandcastle suites

I did some research on how much alternative off site hotels would cost and once parking ,buying tickets without buying the Cedar Point package, the difference in price was not as much as I had first imagined it might be.At the moment, I am still thinking that the Sandcastle Suites might fit the bill ,as the shuttle bus would mean that my husband and youngest daughter would have the option of going back to the hotel to swim during the day as they are not as found of the big coasters .The lighthouse point is just working out too expensive.

Will write a trip report when I return.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
110 reviews
3. Re: Second thoughts about Sandcastle suites

you can still get a ticket package through Breakers express hotel. it is a CP hotel, but located off-site. but it's still way cheaper than sandcastle or breakers. it also has a pool.

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Second thoughts about Sandcastle suites

Personally I like staying in the cottages at Lighthouse Point. They do not have daily maid service or daily towel exchange but they offer better space than the hotel. Convenient to shuttle and pool. Not sure how they compare in price.

5. Re: Second thoughts about Sandcastle suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 18:18