We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! Kalahari Resort Or Soak City

Wa
3 posts
Save Topic
Help!! Kalahari Resort Or Soak City

our family, myself, husband, daughters 13 and 15 are coming to Sandusky for our very first time on June28-30. We are big fans of waterparks and cant decide if we should go to Kalahari or Soak City. We are from washington state and know that it gets very hot and humid in the midwest but just how bad do you think it would be at Soak City, if we plan to stay from the time they open till the time they close? and if we go with soak city what hotel would be a decent hotel to stay at? i really dont want to stay on property at cedars cause they are so expensive. now with Kalahari I'm worried because it is indoors that there will be a ton of people there and with it being enclosed its going to be muggy and too crowded. we want this to be fun and memorable, so which one do we go with?????thanks everyone for all your help

Cleveland
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!! Kalahari Resort Or Soak City

Hello!

Been to CP many times, but never to Soak City. We have been to Kalahari a lot. You mentioned that it is indoors - do you know they have a nice outdoor area as well? It is not as extensive as the indoor, but still nice. It has been a while since we visited during the summer, but friends of ours went last summer when the hotel was near capacity. They said with the indoor expansion and the outdoor area open, they felt crowds were spread out. Their experience was a good one. Like I mentioned, I haven't been to Soak City so I don't know what it has to offer. We always enjoy Kalahari - it seems like there is much to do and it is HUGE! The one drawback is if there are no specials, it is pricey.

If you go with Soak City, we stayed at a Hampton 2 years ago after going to CP and found it to be nice and reasonably priced.

Good luck planning and enjoy!

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!! Kalahari Resort Or Soak City

Both are nice. Both are fun. Maybe you will want to make your decision based on the weather. All day at Soak City to me would be a bit much. Just as Kalahari. If you are staying at the Kalahari it would be great but it seems just as expensive. If you are going for a one day pass, you take your chances as they will not sell you a pass if they are crowded that particular day.

3. Re: Help!! Kalahari Resort Or Soak City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 18:18