We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jenolan caves itinerary

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Jenolan caves itinerary

My adult daughter and I will be visiting Jenolan caves as part of our Aussie tour next fall and would like advice on which caves are a MUST see so as to plan our itinerary. Looks like an overnight stay will be needed. Also, have driven roads similar to this one but would rather avoid if possible. Any good tours to recommend, possibly one that allows for overnight stay? Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jenolan caves itinerary

Instant thought... Temple of Baal.... there's actually an excellent caves thread on here somewhere....

ah yes, this is my all time favourite Jenolan thread, it got quite detailed because it was among local cave lovers so covers quite a few of the caves.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g255058-i121-k2…

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jenolan caves itinerary

Thanks! Checked it out and it was very helpful in narrowing down my choices. Can't wait to visit next year!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jenolan caves itinerary

if anyone is interested in visiting Jenolan Caves and staying the night please visit my blog

http://hansellajc.wix.com/hanselltravelblog

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jenolan caves itinerary

I'd recommend Lucas or Temple of Baal if you want to see pretty stuff, but consider an adventure tour (Aladdin or Plughole (with an abseil at the start)) if you want to get muddy, squeez through some tight spaces, and have an experience you'll never forget!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jenolan caves itinerary

Thanks, the more information the better, your ideas are really helpful

6. Re: Jenolan caves itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 15:05

Katoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jenolan caves itinerary

Orient! Temple of Baal is amazing too. definitely consider the plughole too.

You could always catch the Trolley Tours coach service from Katoomba (leaves Katoomba about 9am ishm gets back about 5 in the afternoon) and save yourself the drive. Then stay overnight in Katoomba and squeeze in a visit to some of the sights up here as well (Echo Point is worth seeing. Wentworth Falls is amazing etc).

Do make sure you do some of the bushwalks around Jenolan Caves. The caves are amazing, but the walks around there are pretty excellent too!

Reply to: Jenolan caves itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jenolan Caves