We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

gold coast oz
Level Contributor
326 posts
96 reviews
92 helpful votes
Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

Is it feasable to go to Jenolan Caves & Blue Mountains in the 1 day ? I thought maybe head straight to the caves early ( Is it about 3 hrs from Sydney CBD ? ).

Then back to Katoomba ?

Thanks

Jem

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,143 posts
80 reviews
85 helpful votes
1. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

Nope. Not if you want to do more than a quick drive by.

You could drive to Jenolan Caves very early in the morning, do a quick tour through one cave then stop off at Echo Point on the way back to Sydney for a quick look. Most of the day would be spent on the road.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
7,471 posts
95 reviews
82 helpful votes
2. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

no- its really a bad idea.

the road in to the caves is narrow and winding.

to fully appreciate the caves u should do a tour and a bushwalk. then you can spend another day in the BM.

can you overnight in the BM?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,770 posts
66 reviews
128 helpful votes
3. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

They say it comes in three's, and it's a no from me too.

4. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2018, 08:00
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
52 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

I agree that the bistro snack bar on the ground level of Caves House is poor value, but I disagree that it should be avoided for overnight accomodation. I don't know about the motel rooms as I haven't stayed there, and the rooms in the main building are traditional, shared facilities - but excellent value. It really gives you a feel of the Victorian era when Jenolan was first popular - one of inland NSW's first tourist attractions - and is perfectly comfortable. Yes, it's not a five-star experience but you can get that elsewhere, and the proximity to the caves is wonderful. Definitely do the night cave tour if you stay overnight ( be sure to register in advance as it can fill up).

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
17,402 posts
30 reviews
42 helpful votes
6. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

I agree - I loved the rooms and gorgeous authentic furniture (some may prefer a homogenized hotel that looks like every other hotel - I don't).

And the showers were amazing ! Fantastic hot pressure - great after caving all day.

Food in the dining room I would say was 3star -a simple rotating menu each night.

The ground floor takeaway I only dined there once and it was pretty standard takeaway.

7. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 16:35
8. Re: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves in 1 day

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2017, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Jenolan Caves