We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean quality in late June.

1 post
Save Topic
Ocean quality in late June.

Hello. My mom amd I will be visting Yelapa in late June. I am curious how the water quality is? I visited PV last july and because of it being the rainy season the river water made the water brown and ugly. Looking at a map I can see there is a river near yelapa. Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Stevens Point WI
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean quality in late June.

I have never been to Yelapa in June, but water conditions would depend on how heavy the recent rains have been. Historical late June is just the start of the rainy season so hard to say what conditions you will find.

If conditions are bad at the main beach, you could take the trail out of town, west or away from the main beach. There is a small beach called Playa Isabel. It's much better for swimming anyway and further away from the major river so conditions would probably be better.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,483 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean quality in late June.

I have been in June and it was nice. Not rough, and the water was very warm, like bath water. We even swam with a bright green 5 inch long baby Iguana, a rare thing to experience!

Reply to: Ocean quality in late June.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa