We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton Towers in July, week or weekend

1 post
Alton Towers in July, week or weekend

Hi

I am looking to take some visiting relatives to Alton Towers either during the final week of the school year or the weekend before. Normally I would not consider the final week of the school year due to the number of school trips. However due to the accident last year I am wondering whether the week may be quieter than the weekend this.

Does anyone have any idea on weather the week or weekend would be quieter?

Thanks

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
18,677 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Alton Towers in July, week or weekend

I would have thought during the week would have been slightly quieter. Not much in it though.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
208 reviews
2. Re: Alton Towers in July, week or weekend

Son went a few times during the week with the school, and it was really packed and they didn't manage to get on as many rides as they'd have liked. Think he only managed 4 or 5 rides from the time the gates opened to about 6pm when they left.

He went on a Saturday in the main Summer holidays with his friends and it was a lot quieter . He enjoyed it a lot more not having to queue so much and getting more rides in.

Edited: 06 May 2016, 03:52
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
314 reviews
3. Re: Alton Towers in July, week or weekend

Ive been a few times this year and its been very very quiet. Starting to pick up a bit now, but its still a lot quieter than it has been in previous years. The biggest queue has been for Galactica as it takes longer to dispatch the trains sorting out the VR headsets. In the week is typically quieter regardless of the time of year however.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
218 reviews
4. Re: Alton Towers in July, week or weekend

I'd say the week, but sometimes different schools break up at different times

5. Re: Alton Towers in July, week or weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2017, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations