We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chained Oak Farm, Alton

Swindon, UK
1 post
Save Topic
Chained Oak Farm, Alton

We are booked to stay here in April and it looks great from the website.

Anybody actually stayed here though and can gve us some first hand accounts?

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

We have stayed here many times and I would highly recommend it. The hosts are very welcoming people and the pictures say it all.

singapore
Level Contributor
291 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

My husband and i spent 21 days in Europe for our honeymoon. Alton Towers was part of our drive-thru-UK stop, after which we drove to Yorkshire.Upon reading gd reviews on Chained Oak Farm, we proceeded to book the hotel. And we must say we weren't disappointed at all! We were tremendously pleased and happy with our stay. Liz and her husband went all of their way out to make sure our stay was comfy. Liz had a nice, warm personality that made us feel comfortable the minute we stepped in.

We didn't have much difficulty finding the hotel.The room were comfy in a home-ish way. It was newly furnished as well.Love the view overlaking the small pond with ducks in it. I think u can see horses on the field if ur lucky too. I love the bathroom! it's hard to find a roomy modern bathroom in our stay in UK, and the one at Chained Oak Farm's was a gem. Featuring a hot shower that's quite powerful, it's roomy enough for two to shower together :-) The heater in the bathroom was in gd working condition too.And that's important for us(we come from hot, sunny Singapore!)

There are also complementary hot chocolate(which was fantastic)and tea as well. The bed was large enough for us too(we encountered a small cramped bed for two in Bath, so we obviously appreciated the refreshing big bed at Chained Oak Farm).

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
7,996 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

Oh drat. I thought you meant Alton, Hampshire. I was so looking forward to a post that's about near where I live!

singapore
Level Contributor
291 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

sorry to hear that, giliganuk..hope u find somewhere u fancy:-)

for those who are interested in my full review on Chained Oak farm, read on in the hotel reviews section for it.

I am endorsing this place cos I love it so much and it's hard to find a B&B owner who will go out of her way for us.

So thank you, Liz!

*yep..we are the 2 tall Singaporeans who wrote rave reviews in ur guestbk*

fife
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

I have read all the reveiws for this place and i am hoping to book it, only thing is i can,t get a phone number for it antwhere, can anyone help. Please

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

I will PM you the tel #s

ian480.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

Hi Gkcbthomson.

I have PM you.

If you look at the very top of the page it will say 1 message. Just click on it to open.

ian480.

fife
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

Thanks Ian, unfortunately it is fully booked for the month of august.

9. Re: Chained Oak Farm, Alton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations