We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton In March

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alton In March

Hi There, thinking of going to alton with boyfriend in March. Is this a suitable time of the year to go when not too busy with kids? Thinking of flying into East Midlands airport - how best would I get to Alton? Thinking of doing one day in theme park is that sufficient? Is Alton town walking distance to the theme park - i ask as thinking of accommadation. Appreciate your replies. Grace

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alton In March

Presume you are talking about Alton Towers theme park. It is closed during the first part of March, reopening on 20th March.

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alton In March

Thank you for the info

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alton In March

If you are flying in to EMA would suggest that you hire a car for your journey to and from Alton Towers. It's about 37 miles and should take about an hour. Other options would be MAN or BHX both about 55 miles away. It would be possible to get there by train/bus but I don't think the timetables for March and later are availabe at the moment.

In any event I think you would find a hire car the most convenient especially if you are not looking to stay on site at Alton Towers.

As to 1 day being long enough - it just depends how much a fan you are of theme park rides!

Peter

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alton In March

Great thank you for the info...!

5. Re: Alton In March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2010, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations