We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Conwy, Norh Wales
1 post
Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone could offer some advice?

We are getting married on 19th September and looking for a hotel or b&b to stay in that night near Alton Towers(we're spending the following day there! :) )

I would ideally like somewhere near enough to walk to the park - but if we can't, it isnt the end of the world!

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

We would hopefully arrive by about 8-8.30pm at the very latest so we need somewhere where we can check in at this time? But will also be ok if we get stuck in any traffic - trying to think of all situations!

Also, what is Alton Towers like for queuing in Sept? It will be Sunday when we are there. I just wondered if it was worth getting the fast track ticket things.

Any advice would be a great help!!!

Thanks

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
5,317 posts
208 reviews
1. Re: Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Hi,

Sorry,I have never been to Alton Towers and not familiar with the area.

But I have just googled it and found the Bank House B&B in Alton Village,which is within walking distance and looks nice on the website.Says within walking distance of village pubs & restaurants as well.

Also says it has 2 rooms with 4 poster bed and whirlpool bath.

http://www.alton-bandb.co.uk/

I'd say it is worth a look at it...Let me know how you go on!

Jas

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Why not stay IN Alton Towers instead of just near it? You get into the park before non-stayers, which makes a significant difference as to how many rides you can get on, we went on Oblivion 3 times in a row when we got in, with practically no queues.

They also have themed rooms there, how about The Arabian Nights room?

" This luxurious room is the perfect hideaway for loved-up couples. The magnificent marble bathroom complete with whirlpool bath is the perfect place to relax with a glass of bubbly. "

3. Re: Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations