We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Conwy, Norh Wales
1 post
Save Topic
Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone could offer some advice?

We are getting married on 19th September and looking for a hotel or b&b to stay in that night near Alton Towers(we're spending the following day there! :) )

I would ideally like somewhere near enough to walk to the park - but if we can't, it isnt the end of the world!

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

We would hopefully arrive by about 8-8.30pm at the very latest so we need somewhere where we can check in at this time? But will also be ok if we get stuck in any traffic - trying to think of all situations!

Also, what is Alton Towers like for queuing in Sept? It will be Sunday when we are there. I just wondered if it was worth getting the fast track ticket things.

Any advice would be a great help!!!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Alton Towers
Alton Towers
14,482 Reviews
Alton, UK
Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Hi,

Sorry,I have never been to Alton Towers and not familiar with the area.

But I have just googled it and found the Bank House B&B in Alton Village,which is within walking distance and looks nice on the website.Says within walking distance of village pubs & restaurants as well.

Also says it has 2 rooms with 4 poster bed and whirlpool bath.

http://www.alton-bandb.co.uk/

I'd say it is worth a look at it...Let me know how you go on!

Jas

Mentioned in this post
Alton Towers
Alton Towers
14,482 Reviews
Alton, UK
Alton
Alton
Staffordshire, UK
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

Why not stay IN Alton Towers instead of just near it? You get into the park before non-stayers, which makes a significant difference as to how many rides you can get on, we went on Oblivion 3 times in a row when we got in, with practically no queues.

They also have themed rooms there, how about The Arabian Nights room?

" This luxurious room is the perfect hideaway for loved-up couples. The magnificent marble bathroom complete with whirlpool bath is the perfect place to relax with a glass of bubbly. "

Mentioned in this post
Alton Towers
Alton Towers
14,482 Reviews
Alton, UK
3. Re: Alton Towers & Hotels/B&Bs ...Sept (Honeymoon)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations