We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

£5 to park at alton towers

sunderland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
£5 to park at alton towers

yes they now charge for car parking at alton towers, you dont have any choice no where else to park, you dont find out until you get in the monorail station where you find signs and a parking meter ticket machine £5 all day or if you miss that when you go and pay your entry fee you get asked to pay then!!!!

what else are they going to charge for or try and get out of the paying public?????????

california
Level Contributor
792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: £5 to park at alton towers

Don't go if it upsets you.

sunderland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: £5 to park at alton towers

didnt up set me just warning people be ready for the charge because a lot of complaints were heard the fact that no signs telling you b4 hand like on their website etc

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: £5 to park at alton towers

I think it is absolutely disgusting!

Didn't know about the parking charge,but I have vowed never to go to Alton Towers myself since they put their perfectly healthy pet animals to sleep,when there was an outbreak of foot & mouth (or something similar),in order for them to be able to open a few weeks earlier!

Maybe it is time for people to stay away and write to Alton Towers,saying thay have decided it is costing enough,without the additional charge of parking.

I was also suprised that Dudley Zoo also charge to park outside the zoo,on what is really just a bit of rough land.As we had gone for a day out and didn't know the area ,we had no choice other than to pay for the parking.

Would have thought it would have been like in Shugborough in Stafford,where you can get a refund of the parking on entry to the attraction, when presenting part of the parking ticket stub.

Mentioned in this post
Alton Towers
Alton Towers
15,020 Reviews
Alton, UK
Dudley
Dudley
West Midlands, UK
Shugborough
Shugborough
1,156 Reviews
Stafford, UK
Stafford
Stafford
Staffordshire, UK
4. Re: £5 to park at alton towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations