We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

ireland
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

Any ideas on the best car hire company at east midlands airport. tnks.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
215 reviews
1. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

Hi,

I Can't advise on which one is best,sorry,but what I would advise is that you book up direct with the car hire company,and not through any agents.

A Trip Advisor member from New Zealand that I have been helping has had problems booking through an agent for her trip here this summer,and has now changed to dealing with the car hire company directly.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

At EMA they are all much of a muchness - the major brands are there as you would expect.

As Jas says - deal direct.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

I seem to recall that at least one of the big names - Avis, I think - is based just off site, which means they meet you in the terminal and drive you to where the car is, which is fine so long as you're not in a desperate hurry. You can, however, return the car the the airport car park.

4. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 23:55
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

Lucy, with respect, saying "within the grounds" and linking us to a map that doesn't show where Avis is in respect to Arrivals doesn't really help very much. The "grounds" at an airport can be quite substantial.

I seem to recall that when my wife used Avis at East Mids she had to phone a number for someone to come and meet her and drive her to where her hire car was. Is this correct? Is that the procedure at East Midlands as regards Avis? This isn't trying to say that the procedure is bad, just that it would be helpful if we could clarify the situation.

6. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 23:55
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

Just a quick update on this: since my last post I've rented a couple of times from Enterprise, who have a desk in the terminal building, allow you to drop keys off in their letterbox if you return the car out of office hours and have always been friendly, helpful and have competitive rates. I had one small complaint about my last rental and it was dealt with very quickly and to my satisfaction. I can recommend them. I always go through the Enterprise online booking system, not through any sort of agency.

8. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations