We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel to stay in?

Bournemouth, United...
4 posts
Best Hotel to stay in?

Hi All,

I want to surprise my fiancee for her birthday and i know she really wants to go to alton towers, im looking at the alton towers hotels and was wondering which one you think is better for 25 year olds? either Splash landings or Enchanted Village or Alton Towers Hotel?

Thankyou

2 replies to this topic
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
321 reviews
1. Re: Best Hotel to stay in?

Alton Towers Hotel - the oldest hotel but recently had a bit of refurb. 3 types of main rooms - Standard Explorer rooms, Arctic Explorer and Moon Voyager. There are also suites available but these are very expensive. The hotel feels more classy , has singers in the evening, a nice little bar and probably the nicest themed restaurant of the other hotels. Rooms overlooking the lake are best.

Splash Landings hotel was the next one built and the two are linked via a walkway so you dont have to go outdoors. Rooms here are generally 1 type, which are Caribbean themed. They have a small bathroom however with a "not full length" bath. Rooms overlooking the waterpark are nice. The hotel is more of a laid back feel, with a larger bar area and late night "disco" music. The bar here is open until 2am.

Enchanted Village is the more recent development and consists of horse shoe arranged blocks of 2 "lodges" side by side with a kids play area in the middle. In the summer, they are lovely as you can sit outside. If the weather is poor, then not so great as you have to walk outside to get to the other hotels. The Crooked Spoon restaurant is ok, but is like a large canteen inside.

Personally - Splash landings is the cheapest option, and the rooms are ok, but if you want something feeling a bit more "adult" then go for Alton Towers hotel.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Best Hotel to stay in?

Hi. i would reccomend staying in hiltons st georges park hotel about 20 mins drive away from Alton Towers. This hotel is cheap compared to other hotels in the area and simply amazing, also is romantic as you are looking to go there with your fiance. Englands football team also stay there sometimes, this is where i stay when i visit alton towers. If you would like more detail, i have reviewed this hotel.

Reply to: Best Hotel to stay in?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations