We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Derby to alton towers

malta
Level Contributor
239 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Derby to alton towers

I bought our tickets to Alton towers for Monday 17th April after consulting with the Notts&Derby website as with regards to transport from Derby to Alton Towers and back.

Now I'm very disappointed to learn that the x52 service to Alton Towers is not operating on Mon 17th April, even though on their website it says that it operates Mon to Fri except for Wednesdays. It, at no point, mentions anything about not operating on Easter Monday. How do they expect the public to know that they've decided not to operate? Now what do I do? I can't seem to find other means of transport from Derby to Alton Towers, other than by taxi which is too expensive.

I'm sorry to say that I find this a very unreliable bus company unlike other bus companies in East Midlands.

Another thing that has been bothering me about the X52 service is that this bus would get you to the park at 11am when the park opens at 10am!!

Essex
Level Contributor
31,339 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Derby to alton towers

Taxi is surely no less expensive than Alton Towers tickets......

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,973 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Derby to alton towers

It is always best to assume that all public transport in the UK opperates a Sunday service on Bank Holidays.

So therefore a Monday - Friday service is unlikely to run.

You obviously didn't read this bit

Easter Monday (Monday 17th April)

no service

Early May Holiday (Monday 1st May)

no service

Spring Bank Holiday (Monday 29th May)

no service

3. Re: Derby to alton towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2018, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations