We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the Summer

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the Summer

We visited mid september and there were lots of dogs on the beaches but I have read that dogs are not allowed in the Summer Months. Is this correct?

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,654 posts
446 reviews
1. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the Summer

Northumberland is pretty relaxed about dogs, the majority have no restrictions, this will help https:/…dogs-allowed

1 post
2 reviews
2. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the Summer

Any dog owner who is sensible and sensitive others will be fine on the Northumberland coast in my experience. If there is any sign of livestock keep your dog on a short lead. If another dog is approaching that is on a lead then your dog should be either walking to heel or on a short lead, as the other dog may be less friendly. If we are sensitive to those on the coast who may not be dog lovers then we will be fine, so many people assume (incorrectly) that everyone feels about dogs as we do.

Finally, as a group we MUST leave the coast and countryside free of BOTH faeces AND bags containing faeces - something that is going a long way to put people off dog owners!!! There are plenty of bins and as a responsible group is is OUR responsibility to promote considerate dog ownership.

All that said - I LOVE Northumberland's coast and so does Evie, our dog.

3. Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches in the Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2018, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Alnwick