We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking between the villages?

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
walking between the villages?

hi, we are staying in Dream Village in K/fari

I see that old Hersonissos town is only 15/20 mins walk away

Is this a safe walk in the evenings/nights and do people normally stroll between the villages?

thanks in advance

Edited: 16 May 2018, 06:40
4 replies to this topic
Teesside
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking between the villages?

Koutouloufari and Piskopiano more or less adjoin each other - probably 20 minutes from the far end of one, to the far end of the other, and many people walk between the two. Old Hersonnisos is a bit further on, with just open road between , about 20 minutes as you say. Perfectly safe to walk, we quite often have a stroll into Old Hersonissos on an afternoon, couple of drinks, and then walk back. Have never walked it on a night - only because there are more than enough bars and tavernas close to hand - but no reason why you couldn't walk it.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking between the villages?

I couldn't really add much to what Ailsa has said apart from saying that a torch might be needed to avoid some of the potholes on the stretch from the end of Piskopiano to Old Hersonissos.

I would estimate a gentle stroll between your apartments and the square in Old Hersonissos to be about 20-30 minutes.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking between the villages?

what is the situation regarding taxis, are they many about to flag down etc?

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking between the villages?

Not in the villages for sure, but if you have a drink &/or meal at a taverna/restaurant they will order one for you. Think in Hersonissos you need to go to a rank rather than flag one down.

Reply to: walking between the villages?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos