We (group of 7 people) are from Bangladesh and planning to visit India for the first time. We will be covering Shillong and Cherrapunji for 4 nights (2+2) only. As this our very first time in India, we badly need your support to setup the plan accordingly. Below are some details on the basis of what we would like plan the tour. We would really appreciate your help here.
1. We will start with Shillong and it will be evening when we reach there. Is this a good idea to stay 1 night at Shillong and 2 nights at Cherrapunji? Or will have to make it 2 nights at each place?
2. Plan is to reach shillong at evening, stay the night, start early morning to roam around shillong then go to Cherrapunji. What are the best places we can cover within a full day (if we start early morning)?
3. Cherrapunji but we will be staying 2 nights and 2 days. What are the best places we can cover in that period?
4. We would like to stay somewhere there is very less crowd. Its better if we can manage small resorts. Any suggestions on hotel?
5. We would like to have a car with us for fulltime. From the day we start till the end. Any suggestions?
6. Budget is bit low but I heard, everything (hotels food and all) is very cheap there. Can we get all the above for around $1200 (total for 7 persons)? $1200 is excluding booze.
7. Probable date is August 10th, 2018.
Thanks in advance for the help!Edited: 09 June 2018, 18:05