We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transit question

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Public transit question

I'm from Ohio, but not totally familiar with the Cleveland area. I'm wanting to park my car and leave it for 5 days, for free, while I travel by plane. What I'm wanting to do is leave it in a part of town/neighborhood where it's ok to park for that amount of time and that is easily accessible to one leg of public transit, ie I can park the car and walk less than 30-40 minutes to public transit that arrives at Hopkins. I'm not worried about my car getting broken into btw, it is a POS. What would be the best option?

Edited: 11 December 2015, 01:08
Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Public transit question

Either the Red Line Brookpark or West 150th Puritas station free park and ride lots would be your best option, if you only need five days.

http://www.riderta.com/parking

Note these rules:

<<At each station, use the designated area for overnight parking. Observe all posted signs.

If you leave your vehicle overnight for any reason, call Transit Police 24/7 at 216-566-6163.

Parking is intended for RTA customers only. Transit Police patrol the stations and enforce these rules.>>

See the Public Transportation travel article in the right margin. There is a Red Line station inside the airport.

Several airport hotels offer free parking during your trip with a one night stay. They all have free shuttle service to and from the airport.

Edited: 11 December 2015, 02:26
Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Public transit question

Thanks very much for that, would you recommend a specific location since there are 3 that I'm seeing? Not real familiar with the neighborhoods.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Public transit question

Brookpark is closer to the airport. Depending upon when you arrive, especially during week days, perhaps the long-term parking spaces may be full. I've never used them. So you might have to check both. Perhaps call RTA ahead of time and ask about likely availability.

riderta.com/sites/default/files/pdf/maps/Sys…

Brook Park and West 150th each have only 12 long-term spaces. If they are full, I don't know if you can use other spaces by calling RTA.

The Louis Stokes Windermere station park and ride is at the opposite end of the Red Line. Check the schedule, but at least a 40-minute train ride. It's also in a more marginal neighborhood.

Apart from those Red Line stations, I'm unaware of any decent, free or even especially cheap overnight parking option. Off-site airport parking likely is the next cheapest option. They offer discount rates if you reserve in advance online.

Edited: 11 December 2015, 03:36
4. Re: Public transit question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2016, 17:17