We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of motel

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
28 reviews
Name of motel

I am seeking help with the name of a place we stayed at in the Mission Beach many years ago. All I can remember is that we drove up a steepish road and the hotel/motel was situated on the left on the edge of the cliff overlooking the sea. The rooms were staggered along the cliff edge and there was a large potico type structure in the middle of the complex with an infinity type pool around it.

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Name of motel

Many years ago....................things can change a lot. Look at google maps - was it South Mission Beach area (I remember a headland there).

The Elandra Resort overlooks the sea (but only opened in 2008)

http://elandraresorts.com/Home.html

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Name of motel

Thank you for reply. It could have been South Mission Beach and I will check Google.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Name of motel

Thank you for your help dytokyo. It is now the Elandra Resort but can't remember what it was called many years ago. It was a great place to stay then and looks even better now.

Mission Beach
1 post
4. Re: Name of motel

It was originally built in the mid 1970's as the Tam O'Shanter Resort.....my husband worked on the construction..... Years later the ownership and name changed to The Point and then to Horizons... now it is called Elandra

Reply to: Name of motel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mission Beach