We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

sunshine coast Qld
2 posts
Save Topic
what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

We tried to make a booking at the Animal Farm (farmstay)at maleny after failing to make contact, I heard it had closed. What happened it had great reviews and lots of recommendations had even been on TV travel shows

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

I understand that it's just changed names, but I'm not sure.

If you live on the Sunshine Coast why not take a drive up to Maleny and check it out and let us know the outcome.

http://www.check-in.com.au/Sunshine-Coast/Animal_Farm_@_Maleny_The.htm

sunshine coast Qld
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

They have changed their name to Solothurn rural resort. We have decided to stay there just after Christmas, the prices were quite reasonable (especially during peak season) so I will let you know what is like in the New Year

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

Well, well. Mystery solved.

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

Sorry I didn't see your forum until now. I'm not so sure that you have solved the mystery. I am pretty sure that the animal farm you are talking about is a different one only due to the fact that Solothurn has been there for many years. We originally stayed there 14 years ago and it was called that then. It has horse riding and a hay ride and an animal farm though so will probably meet your needs.

Hervey Bay
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

We stayed at the Animal Farm/Solothurn which is the same place a couple of years back and had a wonderful time - phoned last year to rebook and spoke to one of the young sons who said we're closing only here for a few more days which I thought was strange as it was so busy when we had stayed so I was nosey and asked if I could enquire as to why? He didn't really want to say but with some persuasion he said the land owners had put the lease/rent up so much it was unaffordable for them to stay on, he did say to keep an eye out for the name 'animal farm' as they were looking for more land to start up another one but whether they have or not. Solothurn I think was the name of the farm but the amazing people running the business were 'The Animal Farm'.

Hope that helps.

laidley
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

hi

i just looked at photos of solouthorn (?) and that IS the animal farm @ maleny that i went to about 2 years ago. all the photos are the same

we had the best time, my 2 year old thought it was fantastic.

7. Re: what happened to the animal farm at maleny?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Maleny