We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceilings falling in at CRT

Minnesota
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Ceilings falling in at CRT

I am an avid review reader and have scoured the trip reports to CRT for the past year. Twice now, I have read where the ceilings have collapsed and there are pictures posted to show as much. The first report was a couple from Germany and the second was just posted recently from California.

I have been to the RM 8 times in the past 10 years and have seen construction going on and realize Mexican standards vs American are different. I am, however, a little concerned... Not so much that I would cancel my October trip but I will be wary of any creaks or groans from the building. Yikes!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

I agree with your comments mexico16. What also concerns me is the alleged cavalier attitude of the hotel and its management to its customers and their safety and welfare

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
284 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

My husband is a plasterer and says for those ceiling panels to all fall like that is very strange, they should all be screwed onto the metal rails? I'm not too worried and we go in July

Delaware
Level Contributor
371 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

I saw that too. I'm not alarmist but two times? Makes me wonder if the age of the resort along with the quality of the construction is becoming a problem. I'll be watching for the next month or so... we are set to arrive in 86 days. Might decide to stay at VIM for our full stay in RM.

Delaware
Level Contributor
371 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

Just realized the recent poster stayed there last July. And the Germany poster in October. Makes me feel a little better.

Edited: 02 May 2014, 09:08
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

We stayed at the Great Parnassus in Cancun one year after it opened and it was already falling apart. There were leaks throughout the building when it rained, fixtures falling, and bad plumbing. I think Mexico16 is right in that building standards are not up to par on a lot of this construction.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
284 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

It it just me that thinks it is unfair to post a bad review based on a picture they have seen on trip advisor, they state that they enjoyed their stay last year but seeing pics of the ceiling has put them off returning? Not really sure that is a genuine review??

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
117 reviews
7. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

Angiefel,I agree & have reported it as they already reviewed it for their July 13 stay. You can click on the 'problem with review' and then select 'violates guideline' & then 'already reviewed' if that's any help:)

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
284 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

Thanks for the info!! I have just reported it too ....that's naughty to write a review like that. It won't put me off my holiday in July but it might swey others

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
117 reviews
9. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

You're welcome & have a great holiday! We're going back in October:)

San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Ceilings falling in at CRT

Thank you I just did the same