We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boca del Mar- Boca Terrace Residence Club

Which Mahahual hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Boca del Mar- Boca Terrace Residence Club

No activity has been posted regarding this question for one year and we would like to re-visit the question. Apparently, a new project has been launced adjacent to Boca de Mar called Boca Terrace and is being marketed as a Fractioinal Ownership investment opportunity. A projected ROI is over 500%. Like many other investment opportunies, this "sounds too good to be true." Does anyone know anything further about this development, offered by the development group AHIG? Is this real or the equivalent to "buying swamp land in Florida"? Their website is www.bocaterrace.com

Minnesota
Level Contributor
298 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boca del Mar- Boca Terrace Residence Club

Hi Lucy -

We saw this place when we were in the area in 2010. At the time all that was visible were two "gates" on the road (with jungle behind the gates) and some banners - There were no people, buildings nor signs of construction. We were looking at real estate, and spoke to a realator office in Xcalak, as well as some of the Ex-Pats in Xcalak. The real estate salesman knew nothing of it - saying that he figured that it must have it's own sales people......the ex-pats all said that they assumed it was a money-laundering scheme. We'll be down again in a few weeks and will check again.

Phil

Minnesota
Level Contributor
298 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boca del Mar- Boca Terrace Residence Club

We just came back from Xcalak, and we re-visited the Boca del Mar site. The site remains nothing more than two stone & stucco entrances and then jungle. There are no roads, buildings, maps, signs, workers, or evidence that there was ever any of those things... This site looked exactly as it looked two years ago at our last visit (in February 2010). The only difference between the two years is that in 2010 there were metal frames holding Boca del Mar logo posters every 200 yards or so along the road between entrances. In 2012, the frames are still there, the posters are gone.

I asked local Expats about Boca del Mar but none of them knew anything about it - altho there were plenty of opinions (not complementary ones!).

I also think that it's important to point out that these gates are on the WEST side of the road (the Caribbean is on the east side).

I don't know what this is all about - but, I can tell you that I will not be investing in it!

3. Re: Boca del Mar- Boca Terrace Residence Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:17