We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

glasgow
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

Hi have been given a very good price for the above 2 hotels but never been to mexico before. Grand Paladium been recommended for families which is v impt to me and the reviews look brill. However someone also recommended BAhia but reviews not quite so good - please help! It's for a special birthday I'm celebrating next year.

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
479 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

The Palladium gets awesome reviews because it is just an awesome resort. Have researched the Bahai also and it does have a big fan base but based on my experiences at the Palladium for 3 vacations and talking to friends who have been to the Bahai, we just keep booking Palladium. I have met others on vacation who have told me that they have been to many resorts in Mexico and this one is the best...you will note there are many return guests to the Palladium because it seems like once you discover it, it is just the best. For us, it ticks all our vacation needs boxes and we love the atmosphere, the service and all that it has to offer.

If you give more details of what is important to you with regards to the resort it will be easier for those who have been to both resorts to give you feed back and this might help you more. My vote is for Palladium!

glasgow
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

hi thx so much for such a comprehensive response. We love good food, nice drinks, company for my teen daughter - and somewhere special to wake up on my 50th birthday! My feeling is the GP is the best option??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

We are on our 8th visit to the Bahia and there is a reason for that..WHY fix something that's not broken!!!.As frequent travellers to various parts of Mexico and resorts we have come to the conclusion that if we are paying that kind of $$ for a holiday we want it to be beyond good...at the Bahia we know we have that..alot of the neg reviews are from people that have way to high expectations for travelling to Mexico..when you go into the middle of a jungle and expect no bugs..well..if the musty room smell is an issue...well they have that at new resorts also..again you are in tropical area with high humidity and air conditioners can only do so much..keep reading and make sure you look at review dates..when people complain about the small stuff eg: no milk in the room,trams taking to long,chip bags being small etc they certainly didn't leave their attitudes at home..These are thing that are trivial...as for some getting sick..well if people kept their fingers out of the buffets and didn't bring their own serving spoons (one couple wrote) to cross contaminate with and practiced FOOD SAFE then maybe these incidents would be less..the resorts can only do so much to keep things sanitary BUT travellers should know better..ALWAYS practice hand washing (& scratching the palm to get under the nails) expecially after bathroom use..as you will see many don't (no matter which resort)..HOW DISGUSTING!!! amazing how tourist do things on holidays they would NEVER do at home...regardless which resort you pick have a great holiday..PS we will be celebrating a 50th b'day in May,Dec and again in May at the Bahia :)

Edited: 27 April 2012, 01:49
Toronto
Level Contributor
157 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

I would suggest Bahia. I've traveled there numerous times and hopefully going for my next return in May. My boyfriend has been there 6 times! The food is great, the people are great, rooms are great, beach is great! Love everything about it.

These neg reviews are bogus. It's people traveling there with 5+* expectations.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

The Palladium has two different sites dedicated to the resorts. My vote is Palladium. We've been there several times, and the access to all four sections plus unlimited a la cartes with no reservations is a plus for us. The beach is beautiful and the salt water pool is very unique.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,729 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

I've been to the Palladium RM 18x and the Palladium Jamaica. Fabulous resort that just keeps getting better. Outstanding staff and management. I know from those who have been to both P & B that the Palladium beach is much better. Guests at all four resorts at the P can use all amenities at all four resorts (except Royal). The "Royal" area is truly royal and for adults only. Over a mile of varied beaches, plenty of palapas and shade (new loungers when I was there in feb, new pillows and lots of other new touches), unlimited ala cartes for all w/o reservations. So much to see and do. You can email me for more info.

glasgow
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

thanks so much for all the responses - think the Palladium is the favourite at the moment

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

Been to palladium twice staying at Colonial and Kantenah and highly rate the resort for many reasons.

Been to many resorts in Dominican Republic, Cuba and Mexico and Palladium is right up there, it's a amazing resort carved into natural jungle which is so beautifull set on amazing beach, and the food in my experience is one of the best from a AI resort I have had, great al a carte resturants which you can dine each night, without reservations. You can't go wrong with Palladium!

Edited: 27 April 2012, 18:03
glasgow
Level Contributor
425 posts
43 reviews
9. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

Final booking to be made tomorrow, at the moment, the Palladium just seems that little bit more special thx for all the feedback so very much appreciated

x

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
943 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Grand Palladium Colonial vs Bahia Principe

Good choice. Been to both. Bahia 2x and Palladium 4x Mexico 1x Jamaica. Palladium hands down