We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late May/early June weather in Playa?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Late May/early June weather in Playa?

Im traveling May 31-June 4 and after reading some reviews, I am a little concerned about the rain and storms. Anyone traveled during this time, what should I expect?

Donnellson, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Late May/early June weather in Playa?

We have been twice that time of year. Both times forecast was for rain every day. Actually only rained once or twice during a 7 night stay each time. The last time the first 2 days were overcast and cooler due to tropical storm nearby. Once that move through the weather was great, very hot though.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Late May/early June weather in Playa?

No worries. Rainy season does begin in June, however I have spent many, many June vacations in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area and have seen very little rain. It gets very hot, so the rain we did see was even welcome. Relax and enjoy your trip!

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen, Akumal
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Late May/early June weather in Playa?

We travel at this time each year and in 12 trips only had 1 time when we had an all day rain and that was when a tropical storm passed south of the area. We are scheduled to return this year on June 9 for 7 nights as already mentioned, the normal forecast is for rain daily but rarely will there be more than a passing shower that will be a welcome relief from the heat.

Enjoy your visit

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Late May/early June weather in Playa?

Thanks! I enjoy the heat so that is no biggie, as for the rain I guess the more you drink the less you will care right!!! ; ) Cheers!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Late May/early June weather in Playa?

check out the thread.."what's the weather like right now?" some links to explore..cheers..

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Late May/early June weather in Playa?

Hi, have been to Riviera Maya during July and October 6 times over the last 10 years or so. Chose to stay in the GBP Akumal last year (16th-30th June 2011), and it rained heavily all day almost every day of my 14 night stay...still managed to enjoy our time, but gloomy gray skies were unfortnately the norm. We booked to come back Mid May this year as we were told that it was a great time of year with little chance of rain, however the long term forecast doen't look too good...I'm praying for sun this time round!

7. Re: Late May/early June weather in Playa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:41