We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing

alberta
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Golfing

Can anyone tell me about the golfing at the resort. Looks like the course is open and golf is free???

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfing

Golf is free but the carts will cost you

See this recent post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k402…

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfing

LandlAlberta,

The thread VSD directed you to will tell you everything you need to know about golf at GBP. However, just to add to that. The Course is the most beautiful I have ever seen. My Brother was with us. He lives on Prince Edward Island which is a Golf Destination with over 20 beautiful courses.Even he was wowed by the Course.

Also, as is the case at GBP generally, the service by the attendants at the Course was wonderful.

All food and refreshments at the Course are free. Mrs. Alt indulged in the latter quite copiously when we played the Professional Course.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golfing

hmpft - I doubt mrs. alterry was alone in her indulgence.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golfing

RubyQ, you are right. My Brother's girlfriend really got into the beer as well.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golfing

That's what us Islanders are also known for is Beer consumption.

Also don't forget to take your Big Bubba's (the larger the better for the beach). Everyone have fun, I know we will in March 2011

Calgary AB
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golfing

alterry, That's funny!

So we are going to be at the resort in just under two weeks and though we had considered bringing our clubs with us, have decided against golfing at all. But we would like to see the place and maybe get a tour...anyone know if that's possible?

The last time we were at the Bahia, they just starting the course and residential portion. They were selling lots. I would love to see how it has come. In the last couple of trips, we have gone past the resort on our way to Tulum Pueblo, so we can tell a lot has been done since our last time at the resort.

Thanks!

Guelph
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golfing

Dog_Lovers

In March I convinced my wife to take a private tour of the new residential community. It was amazing and without pressure. My brother in law and his family were with us and together we seriously considered the purchase of two condos. The golf course and its infrastructure is spectacular. I seriously recommend that you take your clubs as the course is breath taking. You can arrange for a tour in the lobby at any of the GBP resorts. I am sure when the Tulum airport goes in, the value of these condos/homes will climb. You can even take a bike and ride through the resort. It is truly beautiful!!

Calgary AB
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golfing

Thanks Gord! We probably still won't take our clubs but the tour on bikes sounds amazing, as well as the tour of the residential development!

Cheers!

9. Re: Golfing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 15:23