We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clayton Farm or Inn at Glendyer?

California
Level Contributor
63 posts
128 reviews
Clayton Farm or Inn at Glendyer?

Hello,

We're planning a trip in September of this year to Nova Scotia. We will be three couples. We're looking at two B&B's in Mabou, Clayton Farm and the Inn at Glendyer. I find reviews on TA for Glendyer, but none for Clayton Farm. Anyone have any experience with either? Thanks much for any information.

4 replies to this topic
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Clayton Farm or Inn at Glendyer?

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Glendyer for 3 nights last July. (see my review in Trip Advisor) We stayed in Room # 1 (total of 4 in the house). All have ensuite bathrooms. Rooms are on the small side, but neat and clean. Lots of character in the home. Breakfast is served buffet style. All homemade cooking. The Inn also had the lowest rates of all the B&B/Inns we stayed at last year.

We would stay there again if we ever find ourselves back in Mabou.

Happy planning and hope you enjoy your trip to Cape Breton as much as we did!

California
Level Contributor
63 posts
128 reviews
2. Re: Clayton Farm or Inn at Glendyer?

Thanks for the reply RiderFanSK and, yes, I did read our review. Thank you for taking the time to write that. Anyone have any experience with Clayton Farm?

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
3. Re: Clayton Farm or Inn at Glendyer?

HI, Yes I've stayed at Clayton Farm in 2000 ... there for a family reunion, and as it happens, Isaac Smith who runs the B&B in Mabou is a distant cousin.

The rooms were fresh and clean, the whole farm experience fun, his RED ANGUS cattle beautiful!

Rates were very good then, don't know how much now as it is 11 years later. We loved our time there... good luck.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,240 posts
172 reviews
4. Re: Clayton Farm or Inn at Glendyer?

Whichever you choose, do post a review!

Reply to: Clayton Farm or Inn at Glendyer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mabou