We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

Perth, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

Due to loosing our holiday to Turkey, we have now booked to go to Golden Sands staying in Hotel Varshava from 14th - 29th of this month.

We have never been to Bulgaria before and would like to know what Golden sands area has to offer? Is there alot for children? How hot is it at the moment? What types of things can be done in the resort?

We are also unsure if we we change money here or take sterling with us and change this in the hotel or at local banks.

Also does anyone know what Hotel Varshava is like? We have read some terrible reviews but i how easy it is to express our dissatisfaction but never take the time to comment on a positive experience.

Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Many thanks

Cate

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
Varna Province, Bulgaria
Hotel Varshava
Hotel Varshava
108 Reviews
Golden Sands, Bulgaria
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

We first visited Golden Sands over 20 years ago and love it. Have been back loads of times since. We often just changed money in our hotel, maybe the rate was a little less doing it that way but there will be loads of places where you can change your money. I would buy enough leva here to do you for the first few days til you find your way around.

We passed the Varshava every day although havent stayed in it. Its situated at the back of the resort which means it is uphill. It does have very mixed reviews but it is just a 2* hotel. Its very near Party Street and also not far from the Aquapolis waterpark which the kids will love. Just minutes from the Varshava there is a big public open air pool called the Havana which we used a lot. You have to pay for sunbeds there though. Our granddaughters loved it there. The beach is really nice and there is plenty for kids to do. Not sure of the ages of your kids!

One good thing about Bulgaria is that your spending money will go a long way as prices are so much cheaper for food/drink etc than other popular tourist destinations.

We would go back to Golden Sands in a minute and the only reason we arent going now is Balkan holidays have withdrawn the Edinburgh flight and then the Glasgow flight which means we had to travel to Newcastle to fly into Varna. Where are you flying from? if you are booked to fly into Bourgas just remember that this will involve a long transfer by coach, around 3 hours.

Heres a link to the Aquapolis: www.aquapolis.net/index.php…

Hope this helps a little.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
Varna Province, Bulgaria
Hotel Varshava
Hotel Varshava
108 Reviews
Golden Sands, Bulgaria
Aquapolis
Aquapolis
444 Reviews
Golden Sands, Bulgaria
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Varna
Varna
Varna Province, Bulgaria
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

hi i am going to golden sands hotel lilla thats down by the beach from 15 to 29 been to golden sands a number of times it is good value things for children to do depends on age my older children were teenagers when we first went they just went out partying normal things on the beach jet ski ect

my little one is happy with the swimming pool train ride food is not always to our taste so we go b&b and eat out the cafes ect are very good our little boy may not want to eat but two of us will eat and they will just bring a extra plate so we can give him some of ours

thigs are not like here you will have to pay to use the toilets sun beds on the beach are high priced if you are not going to use it all day dont do it

Mc Ds on the beach cost twice as much as Mc Ds in varna

do go to varna if you take the tourist bus it cost a lot more than the bus but you can get off and just get back on the next they go around the route all day you just get a all day ticket if their is more than three of you going on the tourist bus then a taxi can sometimes be cheaper but you have to find a taxi and know whear you want to go with the tourist bus you see something you get off get back on the next one

bus stops in city center at the varna mall you would not want to walk from the center to the mall

get of at varna mall KFC ect walk grand mall just near by back to varna mall get back on bus get off at market be carefull this market is badlands

whach bags ect over to city center or back on bus

money only take sterling scotish notes are no good cards not many places take cards what i do is change a small amount of money here about £100 just to get by on then then change at golden sands dont change money on the streets dont change at the first place you see you can change at you hotel then go out and find that the hotel next door is giveing a much better rate

the place is not like spain ect it is more russian nodding the head means no a shake from side to side is yes you should not get this at the hotel as they know the we do not under stand but older people will still use this you will not be able to read bulgarian they us a 36 letter system but if they write in ours you will read

my son stayed at the varshava when we stated at the luna but he will nt be able to tell you much about it as all he did was stay in the party street

hope this is of some use to you

we are a party of 5 adult and three children so if you see a fat man with a longleat hat on with a tribe comeing up the street that will be me

iasi
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

Hi! Could you please tell me if the bus stations are the same with the touristic bus stations? And if you know to give me an orientation point for the bus station, please? Maybe you know also if it is a bus to go in Balchik?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Balchik
Balchik
Dobrich Province, Bulgaria
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

bus station is by main gate if you can call it a station and tourist bus runs all around the resort with pick up points all over

iasi
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

Thank you shannonshaq!

6. Re: Golden sands - Hotel Varshava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations