We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

We are planning a trip to golden sands late august 2011, and are undecided about which hotel to stay at, i thought i had it narrowed down to the Melia Hotel Heritage or the Doubletree by Hilton.

There are mixed reports about the Melia which puts me off, but can't find any reviews of the Doubletree.We want to go on a b&b basis which seems to limit our choice, any help would be appreciated.

hertfordshire
2 posts
1. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

We are going to doubletree in April for three weeks, i dont know if you are awaire that this is a new hotel which only opened in Oct 2010, information we have been able to find indicates that it should be good, we would be only to pleased to tell you what it is like when we get ,but that will not be untill May 19th 2011, but that will probably be to late for you, let us know if you are interested

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

Thanks for the offer, but as you guessed that will be to late, we have decided to go to the melia on 20th aug. Will be intresting to compare notes after we have both come back. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Many thanks.

Mike

hertfordshire
2 posts
3. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

very many thanks , have a good time we are sure you will, look forward to contacting you on your return,Enjoy

Farnborough, United...
1 post
4. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ARE 100% CLEAR THAT WHAT YOU ARE IN FACT BOOKING IS THE HELIOS SPA & RESORT HOTEL AND NOT THE DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON.

Booked a 9 night stay in this 'luxury 5* accomodation.' Problems started when we landed at Varna. Pre-paid car was insistent on bringing us to the Helios but we wanted the Hilton. As we arrived in Golden Sands, the driver brought us to the Helios hotel and we thought there was a major language barrier - until he drove us right to the doors of the hotel and there was a small Double Tree by Hilton sign in the hotel reception.

I could go on about all the grievances we had at the Helios (sorry I mean Double Tree), poor staff attitude, unruly guest behaviour not clamped down on by hotel management, bad food, basic facilities not working when advertised (internet / steam room / lifts etc) however I think you will understand me when I say that we contacted our travel company and asked to be moved after 2 nights.

We have since sent a complaint to our travel company and are awaiting a response. I am also inclined to write to Hilton, as the hotel they provide is quite different to the one they advertise on their own website.

We booked this place because we thought we were getting the guarantee of international 5* quality under a leading hotel brand, we couldn't have been more wrong.

The good news is that they are building a proper Hilton hotel right next to the Helios (sorry did it again - Double Tree) the bad news is that if you get a sea view room, you'll hear them building it from 7am every morning.

Will let you know of the outcome of our complaints. If you have any questions in the meantime, happy to help where we can.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

Already booked the Melia Hotel Hermitage, phew.

But thanks for the info.

1 post
6. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

This hotel is a big and not funny at all joke!!!! If you're going there, think again and choose another hotel even with 3 stars because is any differences except the price. We were there now, in June and after one night we check-out.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
7. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

What were the problems in the hotel?

8. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, or Melia Hotel Hermitage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations