We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code and wi fi

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code and wi fi

Hi,

Is there a dress code in the evening at the Club Hotel Dolphin, my husband would prefer to wear his shorts and shirt. Also I have read somewhere that the hotel doesn't have wifi but wondered amongst all the renovations being done if they had updated to wifi. In an ideal world would like to bring a netbook to keep in touch with family currently travelling. Also is there a bookswap in the hotel?

Thanks for your help and if anyone has any useful tips all would be gratefully received.

Sally

Caterham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

Hi. I was last there 2 years ago and dress code was very relaxed. Men can wear shorts in the evening - doesnt have to be long trousers. The only thing they dont like is swimwear in the restuarant - you must be covered up (and not just with a sarong). There are 2 snack bars and they are fine about swimwear. My only concern would be that this may have changed due to the upgrade. With regards to wifi I am sure I saw several people using laptops! Not sure about book swap. Would love to hear from anybody who has ben there recently - going back in september! Cx

Northampton
Level Contributor
42 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

I dont remember a book swop in the hotel but if you turn left on the beach you will see tesco (I think they spell it a little different) where they have books to swop.

Lymington, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

Just got back. There is a bookshelf near reception with books to borrow/swap/leave. There is wifi in the outside part of the restaurant, you buy a card for 250 rupees which gives 1 hour of access lasting 24 hours, once online you can buy 20 hours to be used in 7 days which I think cost about 10 pounds use a creditcard to pay. Look at the dialog website for details. Depending on where you room is you may be close enough to connect, in our case from the terrace. We printed off online boarding cards in the business centre.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, we too just arrived back yesterday.

Burton on Trent - UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

As a returnee, could you answer your own questions especially about dress code. When are refurbishments due to end based on your recent experience?

We have 4 weeks to go. What can we expect?

manchester
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

I go on the 18th of September and would like to know when the building work is likely to finish too! Also have emailed the hotel twice but not had a reply, does anyone have any contact details I could try (different email may e?). Thanks in advance.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

Hi

The dress code is very informal, at lunch time most people came straight from the pool and just put a t.shirt on, at dinner the majority of people were changed but there again anything from shorts to slightly more dressy is acceptable. The refurb of the cottages is due to finish mid September but the deluxe rooms are in need of updating. The internet connections are hapazard, you can purchase a wi fi card and go to the snack bar for the wifi area but you cannot always connect. Hopefully the sea will have settled down a little by the time you go and they are going to clean the beach up. We didn't get to look in the cottages but we believe they will be lovely. If the refurb isn't complete you will not notice any work being done or hear anything.

Do not take a tour with Haralds on the beach look for Roy a very thin man with curly hair he charges a fraction of the cost and doesn't give you the heavy sell and take you to gem shops, souvenir shops or spice gardens. Do go on the canal, Roy has his own boat. Enjoy yourselves and beware of the cloud you will get burnt without lotion.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

Hi,

The building work is due to finish mid September, but if not you will not see or hear anything as it is well hidden. The hotel is part of a large group of hotels I think it is something like Serendib. I have heard if you do e.mail they take a while to answer, probably due to the poor internet connections.

Enjoy yourselves.

9. Re: Dress Code and wi fi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations