We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

Off on Honeymoon on 27th September. Going with Virgin and all we were offered was a DeLux room.

After reading some reviews it appears that the refurbished cottages are good. Are they quite good at giving you a choice when checking in, for which room you want?

Anyone going Sept 27- Oct 14, love to meet you...

Graham

Caterham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

Hi. You dont actually get a choice when you check in. It appears to depend on the holiday company whether or not they offer the delux rooms or cottages when you book. We are going with Mercury Direct and they only appear to offer the delux rooms (may have due to the refurbishment though!!!!) I did read that somebody had a problem with their room and they were offered one of the suites which are lovely so if you are offered one of these I would take it.. Cx

manchester
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

The better half and me will be there from 18sep to 02oct so see you there!

Grimsby
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

Graham, me and my girlfriend are also in this hotel around the time you are! 18th Sep till 2nd Aug

I was also wondering about the deluxe vs cottage. We did have the option of a cottage at the time of booking with Virgin but my girlfriend didnt like the idea of an 'open air shower' so we went with the deluxe. Although now I wish we had one of the cottages! I might give Virgin a ring and see if they can move us.

Northampton
Level Contributor
42 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

Don't panic, the open air showers in reality are not that open, the shower room/wc has just a top opening on the end wall, it is nor exposed as such.

manchester
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

Cool, glad some others who are on this forum will be there too! I'm 32 and my other half is 30 so we're not to old... lol.

We leave Manchester at 21.10 and arrive in Sri Lanks at 14.30 the next day (19th) we leave at 19.30 on the s2nd. We fly with Etihad to Abu Dhabi then change to Sri Lanka Airlines.

Really excited and cant wait to get there, Sri Lanka is my dream holiday.

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

Can't wait to get out there. Guess we can wait and see what chances there are of a change. We're with Virgin and similarly it was the thought of open showers that put Norma off the cottage. Might see what the delux rooms are like, and find something wrong, and try and get an upgrade to a suite lol.

See you all there who are going towards the end of next month.

7. Re: DeLuxe versus Cottages (Villas)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations