We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
dress code

Hi all, are smart shorts OK for the buffet restaurant at the Club Hotel Dolphin in the evenings.

Thank you in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Panadura, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code

Yeah no problem..

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
386 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code

in side hotel as long as you are not naked no matter what dress you have... no swim suit also... apart of that you can wear any thing. short and arm cut t-shirt to full suit.. no matter if u you wear slippers. you are in a hotel to spend your holiday .so light cloths are best.

Panadura, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code

Hi Rajitha

Some hotels expect their guest to " dress " for " dinner" Apart from city hotels Tangerine Kaluthara, Laya leisure Kukuleganga are examples comes to my mind in spite they are in fact leisure destinations. Tangerine may allow you but at Laya leisure you have to get your food and sit out side ( not allowed in the main restaurant) if you are in shorts.

Why argue and get your holidays spoilt. It's fair OP wants to get informed before hand.

Cheers

Ps - Hill club Nuwaraeliya would not allow you to dinner if you are not in jacket and tie

Edited: 04 April 2017, 20:07
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
386 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code

Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for the information. I never knew about those hotels. But I actually I was quote about Club Dolphin though still my bad I forgot to mention about it ( club dolphin) in my comment.,

your info was helpful ..Thx again

Rajitha

Reply to: dress code
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations