We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharks,

Coshocton, Ohio
1 post
Sharks,

I've been coming to Topsail since 1992. There was a recent article in a Top Sail publication about a group catching sharks for tagging and release. My question is , why are these people (Geoff Rouser) allowed to do this at the beach where people are trying to relax and not be worried about their children. As far as I'm concerned the state of NC.should pass legislation to kill all sharks that swim on shore,and expose people to harm. Let the fisherman catch all they want. I understand there has to be a check and balance in the ecosystem per se. But to me my life or my families life is more impotant than all the sharks swimming in the sea. Thnak You

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Sharks,

Wow.

I'm not sure the NC General Assembly will grant your wish.

Sharks are in the ocean all the time. Killing one will not protect you or your loved ones.

Level Contributor
1,140 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Sharks,

The ocean needs apex predators. There is a lot we don't know about sharks. Check out this link

http://www.ocearch.org

A sand hole collapsing is bigger risk of death than shark attack.

cbsnews.com/news/…

Edited: 19 July 2016, 04:34
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Sharks,

<< As far as I'm concerned the state of NC.should pass legislation to kill all sharks that swim on shore>>

This makes my list of the five dumbest things I've ever read on TA. (And that's saying a lot).

4. Re: Sharks,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 July 2016, 05:52
Edited: 19 July 2016, 05:52
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,836 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Sharks,

I'm thinking we should kill all the bears in the mountains and all the lions in Africa, too, and, heck, you know I got bitten by a dog once and I've been scratched plenty by cats, let's kill all the things with teeth and claws. How 'bout it?!

(And don't tempt the NC State General Assembly, who knows what they might pass!)

Also, wouldn't hurt my feelings if you avoided the NC beaches entirely in case there are sharks.

Edited: 19 July 2016, 05:52
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Sharks,

panchopup, I need a like button.

I know the Rousers.

OP, you might want to delete your post.

Edited: 19 July 2016, 06:06
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Sharks,

They might as well pass a law banning lightning strikes.

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
8. Re: Sharks,

Maybe all the sharks along the eastern seaboard could be served subpoenas restricting them to South Carolina and below, and Kitty Hawk and above.

I have lived at or been going to Topsail since 1952 and I'm still alive. My wife got bumped by something in the surf line two years ago... we've seen an alligator riding in a wave, and a few sharks over the years. It's their turf. If you step into the ocean, you take your chances, slim as they may be. There's always the pool.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Sharks,

Sharks don't like people. We're too stringy.

2 posts
10. Re: Sharks,

Geoff Rouser is a shark whisperer..when he catches a shark...the shark thanks Geoff Rouser for not eating him. The shark then high tails it out of town...warning all the other sharks and even Chuck Norris....beware...Geoff Rouser is in the area.

Lady...don't worry...sharks don't eat Republicans...they taste like crap.

Edited: 19 July 2016, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach