We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Treasure Realty

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Treasure Realty

We just returned from our week at Topsail, and this was the first year we rented through Treasure Realty and I KNOW it will be our last. The duplex was beautiful, BUT when the sun was setting the BUGS on the deck appeared. These were the bugs, which we in the north call cochroaches. They were taking over the deck. At one point we counted 14. Anything that was left on the deck such as chairs, umbrellas etc. became a vacation home for the bugs. It became quite a scene when we opened the chairs and umbrellas on the beach and the BUGS would run the beach becoming dinner for the gulls. We complained to Treasure Realty early in the week and they did send someone out who did nothing. We had to spend our evenings inside as the BUGS enjoyed our deck. I would think that a complaint such as ours, would have been addressed and corrected ASAP. Another "small" complaint..... included in the price of the rental was linen service. The linens were spotless BUT only one bath, one hand, and one wash cloth were provided per person and one dish cloth and one dish towel. With twelve people the washer and dryer were running quite a bit just to do the towels. A one star hotel would provide more than this. I think Treasure Realty is cutting corners and through this they are losing customers. We've already reserved another house for next year using Cbcoastline Realtors. There are many beautiful rentals on the islnad, and many can be rented through other realtors, so check them out before using Treasure Realty.

91 replies to this topic
East Northport, New...
1 post
Save Reply
81. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Can anyone tell me if they have had a positive experience with Treasure Realty when Purchasing properties in the Sneads Ferry/Topsail area?

My husband and I are considering retiring to the area and were referred to a specific Treasure Realty agent

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Wow! There is a sizable gap on Topsail between customer vacation expectations and realitor rental company's understanding of "hospitality" and the desire to meet those expectations.

I like most people dont like to work on vacation. I dont want to deal with linens or maintenence problems, or taking time from my plans to meet vendors coming into my unit. I also dont want to take the trash cart to the curb or any of my usual chores from home. The realitor's dont care and dont refund for any reason. There is so much turn over of the Topsail rentals there is too little time to fix or deep clean anything. What was nice at the beginning of the season is beat to hell by August. I do not have any of these problems when I go to Hilton Head(also the south). I am always surprised and delighted when there as I expect to be on vacation.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

I have not had a bad time with Treasure Realty, but did with WARD and Century 21. I was trapped in my rental bedroom in July 2017 when the doorknob failed and had to have the police liberate me when I rented with Century 21. (The police told me this happens all the time). Century be bothered to answer their after hours line at 7:30 on Sunday morning to get me out.

I have read many comments about the realty companies and NONE of them are any good. I recommend going direct to an individual owner or going to Hilton Head where they understand hospitality.

Wynantskill, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

I just came back from topsail and rented from treasure realty. Our condo was terrible, very dirty furniture. We called and complained about it and got the run around. It took 3 or 4 people before they let us change condos. Once we were able to move everything was great. Bottom line is you need to complain until the problem is fixed. It wasn't treasure realties falt the furniture was dirty but the owner of the condo.you have to remember when renting to make sure you read the contract and know what you will need to bring.

Raleigh, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
85. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

My only suggestion is don't use the same realty company as the house your wanting to buy is listed by. We just bought a house in Surf City and used a Coldwell banker realtor , not sure if I am allowed to say their name on here so I will just say her first name was Jenna. She was a trooper, stuck with us until we got the house we wanted. I am sure Treasure has good realtors, just remember the unhappy scream louder then the happy cheer and that is true with everything from eating out to renting a house or hotel room.

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
86. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

My wife and I own a duplex in Surf City that we rent out, the duplex is rented out by two different realty there has never a problem we were not able to solve. From a new roof,to rebuilding out two separate decks to the ocean caused by the blood moon . We fumeagate the home every three months ,in the past 3 years I have see a few dead water bugs and few live ones , my wife will go nuts if she see one ,so we fumigate before we come down from Chicago.

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
87. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Avoid Treasure Island Realty if you can.

When we got there for Thanksgiving week. We rented both 848 and 850 Villas Drive. We started making beds and in 848 Villas Drive on the second floor bedroom we found a BED BUG infestation. We called the emergency number and the exterminator showed up a couple of hours later and began the process of heating the room to 140 degrees for 2 hours. This guy worked until 3:00am and had to check every room in the house for BED BUGS all 10 of them.

We had 4 families with us. One of the families just went back home as they didn't want to deal with the BED BUGS. Didn't blame them one bit. I started trying to get a hold of Treasurer Island Realty until the closed on Wednesday for the Thanksgiving holiday.

I have made no less than 5 calls and my son in law as many and sent numerous emails to them. I have received "NO" response at all. I am very disappointed in the realty company.

Hudson, Iowa
1 post
Save Reply
88. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

Wow. You're blaming Treasure Realty for the bugs. Outside. In nature. Wow.

This post if from 2009 and should be removed.

2 posts
Save Reply
89. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

We used them and got a nice house and I can tell you there was no bugs like that in the house we got my family and the 2 other family’s that was with us will still use them it’s all on the house and how it’s keep up

Westminster...
1 post
Save Reply
90. Re: Avoid Treasure Realty

What was the address where you stayed and did you report this to them during your stay?

Reply to: Avoid Treasure Realty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations