We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong location for Wauchope

Oz
Level Contributor
12,407 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Wrong location for Wauchope

Hi,

Whilst the map is correct, Wauchope is in NSW not the NT and is just west of Port Macquarie, a long long way from the NT.

Cheers,

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

You just beat me with your edit, Frommy, while I was checking out the Things To Do. The only thing on the list is the Devil's Marbles, so everything appears kosher except the little googlemap thumbnail on the caravan park page which is wrong.

Doesn't seem to be worth worrying about to me. Either you know you're in the Territory, or you don't.

Luigi

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

No not a waste of time at all Frommy. It is a big problem with TA and google maps.

I have a similiar problem I have Winton Qld tagged on my travel map as a favourite, marked by a "Blue Star" but everytime I tag it, the tag "blue star" is placed on Tamworth NSW.

A very different place!

Oz
Level Contributor
12,407 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

Hi,

Using Google maps the info is that it is 2947klm from the Wauchope caravan park in NSW to the Wauchope hotel in the NT.

LOL

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

If you click on the "Hotels" tab in green on the left of this page, it shows the Wauchope Caravan Park. It has only one review, stated to be for the caravan park between Alice Springs and Darwin.

It might be better described as Wauchope Well Caravan Park, but I don't think it's confusing as it's linked to the Wauchope Red Centre forum page - which is what we're on now. :)

Luigi

Edited: 18 December 2010, 16:31
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

Further to this: there is no Wauchope NSW forum and I can't find any entry for the Wauchope NSW Caravan Park.

TripAdvisor doesn't usually list caravan parks, but it's not a bad idea for Wauchope NT, given how little else there is.

As I said before, the only error seems to be the googlemaps thumbnail one and it ain't a biggy, IMO. Errors on Googlemaps are not uncommon and we can't fix them all.

Luigi

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

Think of all coachloads of tourists heading to Wauhope that might get confused! They might think they are in the Alice or something.

Seriously, in the event that a tourist tries to access this information the chances are that they will know which state they intend to travel.

I mean to say what about the poor people that want to travel to Newcastle, NSW and end up in Newcastle, UK!

Edited: 18 December 2010, 16:43
Darwin
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

You might be interested to know that Wauchope in NSW is pronounced Wor-hope, while Wauchope in NT is pronounced Wor-k'p. Wauchope (Wor-k'p) is also a not uncommon surname in NT.

cheers

18. Re: Wrong location for Wauchope

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Wauchope
Recent Conversations